Friday 20 February 2009

Check me out reading a real book with no pictures!!

If you know any bird that isn't a geek but is thinking of joining us in the whole geek/nerd sandpit..or is dating a geek/nerd and doesn't know what the hell their other half is talking about half the time - then I Love Geeks by Carrie Tucker is the book you should tell them about.

My buddy Stace makes a valid point in that it's not a book for those already firmly wedged into the scene cuz the book covers a lot of ground that is basic Geek/Nerd 101....but it's still a bloody cool read even if you do know your Watchmen's from your Y the Last Man's...and is laid out really nicely - easy to follow/easy to skip sections with sound bites peppered throughout the book.

Talking of which, me and Stace were very kindly asked to contribute our 'how we got into being a geek' stories via our buddy Jimmy Aquino, to Carrie..so for being absolutley no help whatsoever (me anyway), Carrie (a self-confessed geek herself) was lovely and gives us an acknowledgement in the book, and young Stace even has her own little case study quoted (*quietly seethes with jealousy*)...

So the book is out now, well worth a look, and can be ordered from all the usual outlets - the ISBN # is 1605500232. Pass it on - if I'd had this book handy when I was dipping my toe into the comic-book world I'd have done it all a bit quicker :)

Another thing, Carrie's website is updated regularly so if you want to see what else she's up to - go clicky the linky.

No comments: