Monday 16 February 2009

New York Comic Con 2009 - Saturday


Ok running out of time to finish these before I record tonight so highlights (to be filled in later, if I remember)

I met so many more people on the Saturday from the forums , and went to a Wildstorm panel which Neil Googe was on God i loved that man's work on Welcome to Tranquility - and whopped inappropriately when it was mentioned. Twice.

I also met Amanda Connor early in the morning and had a brief chat with her - she is proper lush. I tried really hard to get her to do a Harley sketch for my boy but she had stopped taking commissions already :( She is still proper lush tho :)

I met up with Luke from the forums who was my con buddy for most of the day - very glad he was with me when I saw Garth Ennis with his coat on about to f*ck off 2 hours early from his signing gig at the Avatar press booth....I practically elbowed people out of the way to dribble and mumble incoherently in his general direction and he was dead nice, said it sounded like I'd come a long way and looked slightly nervous when i grabbed his hand and pumped it a bit too enthusiastically :/

....Um, saw the chap that played C3PO from a distance, Paul Cornell blanked me for the third time and I caught up with more buddies back at the podcast arena.

I'm sure more happened but I'm rushing this a bit now......onto the evening:

The 'Podcast dinner' was not really just for podcasters but organised by Joe, with around 50 people showing up to a private room in a really nice restaurant - they brewed their own lager - which i was a fan of...then we went drinking at an Irish bar for an hour or so - then i got dragged home :( ..which was probably for the best..

No comments: