Monday 16 February 2009

New York Comic Con 2009 - Sunday


last day - booooooo :(

I decided to get in line early for the Sunday Conversation with Dan DiDio..and he walked along the queue with about 10 minutes to go saying 'you know you're not going to get free stuff don't you?' and laughing....a few fanboys muttered their annoyance but i said something terribly polite and British as he walked past and he kinda stopped as the guy in front of me caught his eye, and there he was chatting to a bunch of us (i have no idea who anyone else was) for like 15 minutes.... I did my very best 'stay calm mate it's only Dan Di frickin Dio stood next to you'....I was quietly chuffed with myself cuz I'd decided to wear my Comic racks t-shirt that day, and Mr DiDio glanced at the logo like once for about 2 seconds - which technically makes me and Stace famous :D

Before i could ask him to sign gail Simone to a life time contract at DC, or at the very least make her Queen of the USA, he was gone but the panel was great, I know a lot of people hate on him but he seems to really give a shit about what people think...and he is extremely funny, and i want him to be my dad :)

More later x
Oh i got the best non-Rufus Tank Girl sketch EVER from Mike Norton (see above)

5 comments:

Marcus said...

Cracking Round up Iz. Sounds like you had a blast! I would love to go one day.

Good review!

Potato said...

Is it heresy to say I prefer that sketch to the Rufus one?! >_<

I so want to go to the NYCC next year!! Where are these competition websites you keep using???

Jamie D said...

Glad you had a blast, I am sorry I didnt get a chance to talk to you that much since you were literally always in motion and I didnt want to get in the way LOL, hopefully both of you can make it next year.

Miss. S said...

Hey, I've just discovered your blog, via Mr. Dayglo's.. And I must say, ah-thankew. I managed to read through all your posts in one sitting, (due to their fluidity, not lack of).

I've added you to my page, and will def check out your podcasts tomorrow.

Very jealous of your NYCC adventures.

Also, Adam and Joe FTW! x

Moom said...

cool, thanks Miss S - your site looks spiffy :)